Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Kirsten's Birthday

We had such a fun time celebrating Kirsten's birthday.  On Thursday morning, Kirsten and I baked and frosted cupcakes for her to take with her to preschool that day.  She told me that everyone at preschool said the cupcakes were really yummy.  They were strawberry cupcakes with pink frosting per her request.

A few days before her birthday Kirsten got my old Babs Bunny.  She was obsessed, but now that she has all her new toys, Babs is at the bottom of the stuffed animal bin again.

The girls are looking at the fish at the Rec Center.  They love Nemo and Dory even though they've never even seen Finding Nemo.

On Saturday we had a birthday party for Kirsten at our house.  She invited a lot of her friends over.  They played, had blue cupcakes with white frosting, and opened presents.  Everyone had a great time--even Reagan who struggled a bit with watching Kirsten open a million zillion presents.  Kirsten got a Cinderella Barbie, a stuffed puppy, a Little Mermaid set, an Ariel magnetic doll, a bubble pond, Zootopia figurines, bath toys, a My Little Pony play-dough set, two more Barbies, and a Little Mermaid dress/nightgown.  She was in heaven!
 
Our friends Jennie and Sean came and brought their three kids--one of whom is the new baby on Sean's lap.

Kirsten blew out her candles with her eyes shut after she made her wish.  So, it took her a couple of tries.

Here are some of her friends, Reagan, and her cousin Sierra

Kirsten with her friend Kynslie

Kirsten with Reagan

Kirsten with Elayna

Kirsten with Brett and Amielee

Opening a present

More present opening

After the party, I cleaned up for awhile.  Reagan took a big long nap, and Kirsten and Sierra played together.  Sierra stayed with us for the weekend while my brother and sister-in-law were out of town for their anniversary.  It was fun to have her, but I think she felt a bit out of place at five-year-old's birthday party.  Later in the afternoon I went outside with them, and we played with the bubble pond that Elayna had given Kirsten.  It was a lot of fun.

Playing with the bubble pond

Saturday evening my parents watched the three girls while Matt and I went on a date.  We went to eat at a Thai restaurant here in Springville, and we each enjoyed a yummy curry.  We had intended to go shooting, but it turns out that the shooting range is closed Saturday evenings.  So, we decided to go bowling instead.  I did a pretty bad job bowling that evening, but Matt was great.  Of course, it was fun anyway.

The girls were so wound up it took them until after 10:30 to actually fall asleep Saturday night.  So, on Sunday, which was Kirsten's actual birthday, they were little monsters.  They both took really long naps Sunday afternoon, and after they woke up we went over to Nana and Grampa's house for another birthday celebration.  My mom made strawberry cake with strawberry frosting, and Kirsten said it was "disgusting."  Fortunately, my mom had five kids so she understands that they don't have manners.  Mostly, I think Kirsten had a case of "too much birthday."
 
My mom bringing out the cake

She kept blowing above the candles.
 Then we opened presents from family.  Mimzy gave her a set of princess figurines and a princess matching game.  Papa and Beth gave her a loom.  My parents gave her an Ariel nightgown and a book of princess stories.  Matt and I gave her The Peanuts Movies, the Little Mermaid dress she is wearing in most of the pictures, and the magnetic Ariel doll.  I think she made out like a bandit this birthday.
This gifts is definitely a favorite of Kirsten's, and you can tell from Sierra and Reagan's faces that it sparked some interest in them too.

Happy birthday, Kirsten!

Daddy reading Princess stories to his girls.
 Yesterday I dumped twelve 50 pound bags of sand into our sandbox, and the girls and I played for quite some time.  It's super fun, and I'm really excited to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment