Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Seven weeks in a snapshot

The last several weeks have been a blur.  I feel like I am doing something all the time and rarely accomplish anything.  At times that's a frustrating feeling, but when I live in the moment, rather than constantly thinking ahead to the next thing on my to do list, I find a lot of satisfaction.  It's easy to be changing Madelyn's diaper and thinking about how I need to hurry up, so that I can get lunch made, but if I stop thinking about hurrying and talk to Madelyn while I change her diaper, she smiles.  Then we have a moment to connect with each other, and I find joy in that exact moment instead of stress.  Wouldn't it be nice if I could learn to always live in the present?

A few days after Madelyn was born, Kirsten and Reagan pulled out their bikes again.  Kirsten seems to be getting over her fear of riding her bike, which is great.  It makes me so happy to see her riding.

Kirsten riding her bike.

Three Ehle Sisters


 Reagan has been riding her bike so well lately that she could almost ride without training wheels.  I actually think she's ready physically, but psychologically she doesn't seem to be ready to try.

Matt trying to teach Reagan to ride without training wheels.

I took the girls to the Mapleton City Park because it's one of our favorites, and they played in the sand volleyball court.
Playing in the sand

We went to a Family Concert at BYU with my mom one Saturday.  The woodwind orchestra played some really neat songs, and afterward the girls got to go up and look at the instruments.  Since it was a concert, I didn't take any pictures, but Reagan did enjoy this garden out in the lobby of the Fine Arts Building.
In the lobby of the HFAC

Madelyn laying in her crib.

One Friday I took Reagan to the library for story time while Kirsten was in school.  Madelyn came, too.  We happened to run into our neighbors, and Reagan got to play with her friend Harper while I talked to my friend Jessica, who also recently had a baby girl.

Climbing on the dragon statue in the entrance of the library

The next week Mimzy came to visit!  We had such a great time with her.  We did lots of artwork together.  Kirsten came up with this idea to make dolls and animals using clothespins, popsicle sticks, and paper, and we did it for hours.

Kirsten with her Rapunzel doll

I made a Rapunzel doll for Reagan

Kirsten with her Ariel and Rapunzel

Reagan cuddling with Mimzy

Madelyn when she turned one month old
 Uncle Jake came down from Logan to spend a couple of days with us while Mimzy was here, too.  We even got to celebrate his birthday with him.  Yahoo!

Cuddling with Uncle Jake

Cuddling with Mimzy

While Mimzy was here, we watched Winnie the Pooh, read Winnie the Pooh, and played with Winnie the Pooh toys.  She has successfully passed down a great love of Winnie the Pooh to her granddaughters.

We also went to the mall for lunch and to play at the play place, went on a picnic in Hobble Creek Canyon, and played at McDonalds.  Matt and I even went on our first date since Madelyn was born.  We went to see Peter and the Starcatchers at the Hale Center Theater in Orem.  It was nice to get out, and it was nice of Mimzy to make that possible.

The girls really missed Mimzy a lot when she left.  I mean--A LOT.

Matt cuddling with Madelyn
 I saw that the library was starting a new class called Art City Kids for children in Kindergarten through 3rd grade.  I'd been feeling like Kirsten needed a little extra attention.  So, I asked my mom to watch Reagan and Madelyn while I took just Kirsten.

Kirsten showing off her pink self portrait

She made these glasses, too.

The next day I took Reagan and Madelyn to story time at the library while Kirsten was at school.  Madelyn was very obliging and slept.

Reagan made some glasses, too.

The Saturday before Easter we dyed Easter eggs.



The girls wore their beautiful new Easter dresses to Church.

They enjoyed the egg hunt in our yard.





And they also enjoyed the egg hunt in Nana's yard.


This is what Madelyn did during the egg hunt.

We finger painted for our Family Home Evening activity the next day.


Last Saturday we went on a family outing to the Museum of Natural Curiosity and spent six hours playing there.  It was such a nice day.



Our family built this house out of blocks.  It was fantastic.











Today I went for my first run since Madelyn was born.  I ran two miles!  I feel very accomplished.

4 comments:

  1. I miss them too ... A LOT. These pictures are wonderful and fantastic and I'm going to read this again but I just wanted to say thank you so much for doing this, Whitney. I love you and thank you for having me in your home for a whole week. You are the perfect daughter in law, wife, and mother. I love what you wrote about being in the moment. You are wise beyond your years. Love and miss you all. Thank you so much, again, for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I've been meaning to text you that I need to see more pictures of Madelyn! Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm catching up on some of your posts. There was one pic up there that confirmed what you told me on the phone: you have tall babies!

    ReplyDelete