Tuesday, February 9, 2016

"I love . . ."

As I was helping Reagan go potty a couple of days ago, she announced, "I love fairies, angels, Jesus, and Heavenly Father."  Of course, I laughed at the unusual grouping of my sweet girl's expression of love.  It makes sense when you think about it.  She loves fairies, and fairies remind her of angels because they both have wings.  Angels remind her of Jesus and Heavenly Father because an angel announced Christ's birth.  It was just so dang sweet to hear her say that!

Speaking of love, Valentine's Day is coming up, and the Springville City Library had a Family Valentine's Dance on Monday night.  The tickets were free, but I had to reserve them online well in advance, so that we could go.  The evening included dancing to a live band and heart-shaped Valentine's cookies.  There was also a photo booth where we took the following fantastic pictures:
 
Reagan and Kirsten posing at the Valentine's dance.


The whole family

Daddy dancing with Reagan.  Kirsten insisted that she wanted to dance by herself.

Kirsten had some good moves!

More dancing

Lest you imagine that the evening was only full of fun and frivolity, I should share that Reagan had a complete meltdown when Kirsten refused to dance with her.  The meltdown was so bad that we had to go home.  It's not really her fault, I guess.  I thought she was doing better from her tonsilitis (or maybe I just hoped), but apparently she wasn't.  Or maybe she was and she just had a really big temper tantrum.  Sometimes it's hard to tell.  At any rate, it was a shame to have the evening end so sadly.

This week also included a fun birthday party for my nephew William who turned 14 yesterday.  We ate dinner at my brother Brian's house on Saturday and had a grand time with their family.

Another highlight was that I purchased my first skinny jeans, so that I could wear them with some stylish boots my mom gave me when Reagan was born.  Yes, it took me three years to get the appropriate pants to wear with them.  Now I'm crazy about the boots and the skinny jeans.  I've always thought skinny jeans looked so uncomfortable, but the ones I got are way more comfortable than my boot-cut jeans.

So I'm going to close by echoing Reagan's sentiment.  I love fairies, angels, Jesus, Heavenly Father, my family, dancing, birthdays, skinny jeans, and boots.


3 comments:

  1. And I love you! Can't wait to see your new jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching the dancing! Kirsten really does have the moves and a great sense of rhythm. And that blue dress is really cute. Reagan is as cute as a button, too--as always. Mom and Dad aren't bad either. ;) I don't remember giving you boots . . . You really should post a picture so I can see. Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching the dancing! Kirsten really does have the moves and a great sense of rhythm. And that blue dress is really cute. Reagan is as cute as a button, too--as always. Mom and Dad aren't bad either. ;) I don't remember giving you boots . . . You really should post a picture so I can see. Much love!!

    ReplyDelete