Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Provo City Center Temple Open House

We have had a strange week.  It was another sick week, I guess.  On Wednesday Kirsten threw up in the car on the way to the Rec Center.  Obviously, we turned around to go home.  By Thursday she seemed mostly better, if a little tired.  Friday morning Reagan woke up with severe chest congestion and a cough.  Honestly, I was about ready to pull my hair out.  At least one person in our family has been sick for nearly five weeks, and I was sick of it.

By Saturday afternoon, I was basically feeling like a monster.  So, as soon as the kids started quiet time, I went out running.  I've been preparing for a half marathon on March 12, and Saturday's run assured me that I will be able to do it.  I ran 11 miles around Springville.  First I ran up to the mouth of the canyon, which is a very steep ascent, and then I took a gradual downhill course back to our house in the valley.  My fitness tracker said that I climbed the equivalent of 27 flights of stairs during my run, most of which was during the first four miles.  Woohoo!  I returned to the house exhausted, but satisfied.  My mood was much improved due to the exercise and my personal accomplishment.

The weather was nice on Saturday.  So, even though Reagan was congested, she was able to play outside for an hour after I got back from my run.  It was fun to play with the girls in our yard and on the trampoline.  It made me so happy to see them be able to get their energy out, too.

Miraculously, on Sunday Reagan woke up completely better.  I was so pleased and so grateful that we could all go to Church together.  By the afternoon, she was pretty tired, and I thought that I might have jumped the gun on assuming she was better.  However, on Monday we were even able to do a short play date with our friends Melanie, Amielee, and Sadie.  Hopefully, everyone will be well on Thursday because we have another play date with my dear friend Jennie.  We've had to cancel play dates with her and her kids for about four weeks in a row.  She probably thinks I'm just making up excuses by this point.  It's been ridiculous.

If you can believe it, this morning I woke up with an upset tummy.  It's not been that bad, and honestly, I think it was just something I ate.  Hopefully, it will pass quickly.

Despite my upset tummy, I took the girls to the Provo City Center Temple open house this morning.  We reserved our time last month.  So, I wasn't about to miss it.  Matt and I had volunteered at the open house at the beginning on January, but the girls didn't get to come that time.  They have been so excited to see it.  It's a beautiful temple.  I'm so glad to see the Provo Tabernacle turned into such a lovely temple.

Reagan loves the Christus statue.  She talks about it quite often.  So, I was glad she got to see a replica at the open house.

Kirsten told me that she was definitely going to get married in the Provo City Center Temple.  She said that when she tells her future husband about how beautiful it is he will be convinced that he wants to get married there, too.

1 comment:

  1. Sick weeks are no fun--I hope the worst is over now. Spring really is coming. It seems you are well prepared for your half marathon. I'm glad you're able to do it!

    ReplyDelete