Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Sick Week

Kirsten spent nearly all of last week sick.  So we mostly stayed home, which means the week was kind of a blur for me.  She ended up developing a little pneumonia and strep throat, but despite how sick she must have felt, she never once admitted that she didn't feel well.  We watched a lot of tv, played with playdough, played board games, did puppet shows and colored. 

On Sunday I came down with the cold that initially made Kirsten sick, and I'm acting sicker than she ever did, even when her fever spiked at 103.3.  Ah, c'est la vie!  Kids are so lucky.  I'm sure I'll be better soon.
 

Elsa and Anna

I made these, and Reagan was in love.

Kirsten made her own Elsa and Anna.

Yesterday Kirsten was pretty much back to her old self, and I felt pretty well this morning.  So, I took the girls to get their hair cut.  They wouldn't let me take pictures, but it was so much fun to listen to them talk to their hair stylist about their pets, preschool, and family.

Having fun at Fantastic Sams


This week was also fun because I got to go to my book club on Thursday evening.  I like having people to talk to about books.  I've missed that since college.  This month we read Betty Smith's Joy in the Morning, which is about a young couple who gets married in the 1920s.  Carl, the husband, is in law school, and they are dirt poor.  It's a cute portrayal of newly-wed life.

On Saturday Matt and I met some friends at a restaurant in Provo.  I'd never eaten at Station 22 before.  They had yummy food, and spending time with friends from college and their spouses was even yummier!

1 comment:

  1. It is fun to see our young children interacting with new people. Thanks for sharing. Love the puppet shows and seeing Play Doh time. I don't love that you're not feeling good. Boo! Much love and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete