Thursday, April 21, 2016

New Neighbors

Last Thursday morning my parents drove into town after a two and a half day road trip from Tennessee to Utah.  That afternoon they went to look at a house two blocks south of our house in our neighborhood, and they put an offer on the house.  On Friday their offer was accepted.  That means my parents will be our new neighbors.  How exciting!

It's been a crazy whirlwind of a time for them, and we were glad to be any kind of support we could be.  I can't believe they're actually going to live a six minute walk away from us.

While they were here, my parents slept in Reagan's room, and Reagan slept on the bottom bunk in Kirsten's room.  However, my parents were so inviting that the girls often went in to play with their Nana and Grampa.  Here they are jumping on the bed after taking a bath.

Jumping on the bed!
Since we had already planned to go visit Matt's Aunt Cheryl in Idaho on Saturday, we decided to stick with our plan.  My parents really seemed to need the peace and quiet to get their heads wrapped around how fast everything thing had happened.

Eating lunch at Aunt Cheryl's house.  I thought the mountain lion was so neat.

Aunt Cheryl had some Mater Power Wheel cars and let the girls drive them around in the house.  It was awesome!
 On Sunday we got together with my brother Brian and his family.  It was fun to have big family dinners every night while my parents were in town.  It's nice that we'll get to do it more often now that they're moving here.  Of course, I think we'll have to slow down a bit or we'll all be too worn out to talk to each other anymore.

Kirsten and Reagan eating with their cousin Sierra at the little yellow table.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that my parents brought their dog Mason with them on this trip.  So, this was the first time Mason and Porter met.  They were pretty competitive with each other, but my mom was good at spoiling both of them.  As such, they stayed happy--except for Mason's tireless desire to hump Porter.  Seriously, their little dog wore himself out.  I can't believe Porter tolerated it!
 
Kirsten took this picture of Porter and Mason while Mason was taking a break :)

Selfie with Sierra

Selfie with William

Sierra and Reagan had fun playing doctor together.

Reagan loves collecting rocks.  We lined them up on the porch.
 On Tuesday Reagan got her very own scooter like Kirsten.  Kirsten has been riding her scooter like crazy, and I really felt like Reagan needed one too.  She has already figured out how to steer, and today they both rode their scooters to their friend Gracie's house while I walked.  I can't believe they're both so big.
Kirsten and Reagan with their friend Gracie.

After playing with Gracie, we came home and played in the dirt.
My parents flew back to Tennessee on Wednesday, and now they're starting the next step on the big move.  We can't wait to see them when they get back with all of their stuff!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited they are moving here! And so close too😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully Mason will learn to save at least some of his strength for other endeavors besides these dissipations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. There's a lot of big news in this post, obviously, but I already knew most of it. So I'm most surprised by Mason's ungentlemanly behavior! He has never tried that with Mr. Freckles!

    ReplyDelete