Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Fun with Friends

It's been a short week since I didn't write until Thursday last week, but I generally prefer writing on Tuesdays.  So, I'm going to get back on track.

On Friday we went over to Melanie's house to play, but shortly after we got there Reagan started to act really tired.  All she wanted to do was cuddle.  I held her for awhile, and then I realized that she was burning up.  We curtailed the fun and decided to go home for a nap.  When I checked her temperature, it was 103.4.  Poor girl!

She rested for the remainder of the day on Friday, and she rested all day Saturday.  Saturday evening Matt and I looked in her throat with a flashlight, and she had huge white sores on her tonsils.  Thinking it was strep throat, I took her to the Instacare down the street.  The strep test was negative, but the doctor gave her an antibiotic anyway.  She was feeling better Sunday morning.   Now she has had this mysterious strep throat look-alike three times in three months.  I hope she won't have to get her tonsils removed.

On Sunday we went to church, and I got to substitute for the three year old Sunday School class.  There was only one student, which was a little sad, but we had a good time anyway.  Also, I got to use the lesson I prepared for Primary for Family Home Evening again last night.

Our girls were pretty impressed by all the preparation I put into the FHE lesson.  We talked about the Creation, and I had cut-outs of a whole bunch of animals.  Also, we played a matching game where we matched the days of creation with pictures of what God created on that day.  Now we have pictures of tons of different animals floating around our house!

Yesterday I took the girls to my friend Megan's house.  Megan and I were roommates in college for about three years.  She was having a get-together at her place with several of our friends from college.  Lindsey had flown in from Maryland for a week, and Torie had driven up from Arizona.  Their trips just happened to coincide, and Megan and I got to enjoy their company for a couple of hours.  Kirsten and Reagan had fun playing with all the kids.  I was grateful that Reagan was feeling better, so that we could go.

Lindsey did Reagan's hair, so that she looked like Elsa.

This is Torie and her little girl.

Reagan is playing in the "stuffed animal room."

Showing off her hair

2 comments:

  1. What fun to get together with you roomies! BR

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to get together with you roomies! BR

    ReplyDelete